Consulting & Projects
Consulting & Projects: Consultants only come in for a specific reason, perhaps to solve a problem, or to do some regularly scheduled maintenance. Hiring a consultant for specific function one time or on a limited basis is more cost effective than having someone with the same skill set and knowledge on staff full time.
Projects are typically something that is a one-off or happen less frequently than maintenance but are still deemed important to maintain the integrity IT Strategy.
Other reasons for using consultants would include:
- Provide the technical skills that are not on staff at the client
- Provide an objective view assessing the environment
- Less susceptible to internal politics or sensitive situations
- when shorthanded, consultants can back-fill a position
- Less expensive than full time staff for short term implementations.